So myManMacomber and I were talking about movies that employ some version of an unreliable narrator, and he asks me if I've seen Revolver. I wasn't sure, so I asked him to "hum a few bars"*... after a short description I said "Yeah I totally saw that, that was the one where they smeared it in your face that they hadn't ever said the name of the main character right?" he says "I can't remember, but yeah maybe, that sounds about right"... we traded bits like this back and forth for a while, and while each one seemed familiar neither he nor I was able to actually lock down any one piece or part that we both remembered. In the end he was talking about Revolver but I was thinking of Layer Cake, a film that really doesn't have THAT much in common with Revolver... that said I thought Revolver the better film.
I'd give it 3 out of 5 times I felt like an idiot for confusing it with Layer Cake.
* I love the original joke:
there's a noisy party with a guy playing the piano overly loud. Another guy walks up to him and says "Hey, do you know there's a little old lady upstairs trying to sleep?" And the piano player says "No, but hum a few bars and I'll fake it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment