Despite Deb's assurances that she wouldn't actually hold me to 4 chick flix just for season one of Dexter I thought we'd better focus on the "Romantic Comedy" genre when searching for something at Blockbuster over the weekend. Unfortunately Deb had already seen 3 out of 5 of the romantic comedies we considered on this particular Blockbuster trip.
I haven't watched 30 Rock, but the recent slew of Tina Fey skits on SNL made this seem like a good choice. It's a good solid rental. I did have problems with the ending so if you haven't seen this, but plan to then STOP READING NOW... The movie established a "happy" ending by delivering what we had been informed had a "billion to one" chance of happening. I felt a little betrayed. At that point they might as well have had aliens show up and HAND Tina Fey's character a baby (it would have been more plausible and more entertaining!).
[update]I'm going to assume that this one was better than 3 out of the 5 romantic comedies that Deb watched without me.

4 comments:
I haven't seen Baby Mama, but I can say that 30 Rock is probably my favorite TV show right now. Just watching season 1 right now - fantastic.
What happened to your fancy "x of y creative little objects" rating for this one?
How about "1 out of a billion chances of a happy ending"?
By the way, you are still welcome to join us for a Survivor night (conveniently followed by The Office).
I tried to do it in the middle rather than the end... (3 out of 5 romantic comedies Deb watched without me)
I just need to figure out a Thursday that works...
and I have a confession to make, I've purposely avoided watching The Office, so I might have to run out of there with my hands over my ears as soon as Survivor ends.
Post a Comment