Friday, June 13, 2008

The Christmas Rat by Avi


Em picked this one up at the library a while ago. In addition to whatever book she is reading to herself at any given time, there is always some book that I am in the process of reading aloud TO her. The book is one of the latter. Anyway, with this book we decided it would be cool to have me record the chapters so she can listen to them on her iPod when she is at her mom's house.

I'll reserve judgment since this is a book Em picked for herself (even though I read it aloud). I will say that it has some interesting religious metaphors. Additionally, it's strange to read a kids book written recently. The references to the kid checking his email and playing video games online seemed a little strange to me, having grown up before internet ubiquity.

No comments: